NEW YORK – June 16th , 2009 – Paradox Interactive have released new in game footage for their naval war strategy game, East India Company. The game developed by Finland based Nitro Games Ltd. is based on the historical East India Companies of the 18th century.
The new gameplay video gives a first glimpse of what Fight, Manage and Rule mean in East India Company. In this gameplay video you will see trading, ship building and management inside port as well as fleet operations at the strategic level and diplomatic negotiations. Naturally there is also material of the naval battles with fiery action: cannonballs whizzing around and ships sailing on impressive waves both in Realtime Strategy and Direct Command -mode.
To view the new gameplay trailer, click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAo23-eL73
In East India Company, players will fight, manage and rule nations from Europe to the Far East with eight nationalities to choose from. Starting modestly, you will build your fleet, establish connections to far away countries, and keep the rivaling nations at bay. Choose from a wide array of ship classes, including a variety of transport and military vessels. Create diverse fleets and assign each of them specific trading routes. Control and upgrade well situated ports as you form your strategy for domination.
Conflicts and wars are inevitable. When hostile fleets engage each other, the naval battles are fought from a real-time tactical level. For greater tactical depth, command your ship and give independent orders to each of your fleets. Fight against the other European powers to create a trading empire that will rule above all others in this groundbreaking strategy war game!
* Spectacular cinematic and epic naval battles
* Two Command Modes: Give orders to all your ships in RTS mode or take the helm of a single ship in Direct Command-mode.
* Unique combination of war and trading
* State of the art diplomacy AI
* Eight playable nations: England, France, Holland, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Spain and the Holy Roman Empire
* Over 10 realistic ship types; from small sloops and cutters to the East Indiaman and warships
* Realistic yet fast-paced naval combat
* Hire fleet commanders who will gain new skills and increase the abilities of your fleets
* Take over ports and protect your shipping routes to create the largest trading empire
* Multiplayer (internet or LAN)supports up to 8 simultaneous players
Read more about the game: http://www.eic-game.com/